Thursday 19 January 2012

Curl up and Dye - Witney hair salon shoot. - Sunday 27th Nov

M.A.C.H Artists - Becky Sutton and Bekki Robinson -




As part of the MACH team, me and Bekki Robinson went to Curl Up and Dye Hair salon in Witney, Oxfordshire to do a shoot as part of their Christmas themed campaign. The salon team did the hair, we did the make up. The theme was A Christmas Carol, we had two models. Model 1 was going to have dark eyes and pale skin representing scrooge before the ghost visitations, and model 2 was a more bright, colourful/warm make up look which was representing Scrooge after the ghost visitations. Me and Bekki decided that I was going to do model 1, and her model 2.
The hair styling was amazing and their salon was beautiful! Check out the salon's website here http://www.curlupanddye.co.uk/
For my model they created a bonnet out of the hair, and for Bekki's they created a large christmas tree out of it.
Make Up I used:
With my look, I was going for sunken/dark eyes with pale skin and lips. I prepped the skin and then applied the base. The foundation I used was a liquid by Maxfactor, lasting performance in 'Fair' as this was two shades paler then my models skin tone, but not so pale that it stood out too much on the models skin. For the eyes I used M.A.C eye shadow's in ' Chrome Yellow' 'Cranberry' (underneath the eyes)' Carbon' and 'typographic'(along the socket line) to give stronger colour. Carbon I used on the upperlids and blended together to create a really dark eye. I used a brown eye shadow to continue the dark, sunken look into the contour of the cheeks. On the lips I used concealer and clear lipgloss mixed together to finish off the make up.









Follow Becky and Bekki -
@MACH_Becky_S
@BekkiMakeUp

No comments:

Post a Comment